Monday, January 12, 2009

The Secret to Pepe's Pizzeria Napolentana, Wooster Street, New Haven, Connecticut


Fank Pepe in front of the famous Coal fired Oven



Pepe's Pizza in New Haven has incredible pizza. Located on Wooster Street Pepe's is right down the street from Sally's Aipzza.

Visit with Michael Stern of Roadfood as he goes to his favorite pizzeria:
Pepe's Pizzeria Napolentana:







New Haven residents are fanatics about their pizza. Don't even get in an argument about which pizza is better:

Pepe's or Sally's.

Here are some of the comments I have recieved about Pepe's:

Chris explains:"Pepe's uses the freshest sauce and toppings to accent a perfect crispy dough. The
restaurant itself is a great place to enjoy amazing pizza with friends or family. The best in the world."


Jack Shalack remembers: "The crust is out of this world, I love the crispiness of it, and yet its not greasy like most other places. From the plain cheese to the clam sauce, its all amazing! I've been out on the west coast for13 yrs, just suffering, and I am going back east, its all I can think about!"


linnemann reports: "The Pizza at Pepe's is so good I moved to Wooster Square just
to be closer to it. I now go several times a week and am close to obtaining Nirvana."


Joe claims: "As if you have to ask. I've been going to Pepe's Pizza for 42 years and it's by far the best I have ever had. I still go every week after the hockey games in New Haven. Sausage & Mozzarella. The best".

You get the picture. I could go on and on.

But what is the secret? The sacue, the crust, the coal fired oven?

The jury is still out....


pizza on earth,
Albert Grande
Pizza Therapy
Legends of Pizza
Hawaii Vacation Information

No comments: