Monday, November 02, 2009

Black Bean Pizza Dough

Bean's Black Bean Pizza from the Pizza Therapy Forum

From our good friend Bean at The Pizza Therapy Forum

I make the dough in my bread machine and add 2 t. olive oil. The second time I made it I added cumin and chopped jalapenos to the dough & it turned out awesome!
The leftover black beans make a great ‘sauce’ for the pizza mixed with seasonings. I have used this for a chicken fajita and taco pizza.

Black Bean Pizza Dough

1 teaspoon active dry yeast (I used 2 t.)
2 cups bread flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1/4 cup pureed black beans (if use canned beans, rinse and drain first)

Combine and knead all ingredients (I use my bread machine).
Let rise 50-60 minutes.
Roll dough on a cornmeal-covered counter.
Place dough in pizza pan.
For a thin, crispy crust, place toppings on dough and bake immediately.
For a thicker, chewier crust, allow dough to rise 15-30 minutes before adding toppings.
Place pizza on the bottom rack of oven (Preheated to 500 degrees) 5-10 minutes.


Bean's Mex Pizza at the Pizza Therapy Forum

Thanks, Bean.

Pizza on Earth,

albert grande

The Pizza Promoter

To make amazing pizza, you need quality flour.
Get Caputo, here:

No comments: