The first course was always Aglio e Olio, followed by many other types of seafood. There were always several types of bacala (dried, salted, codfish), as well as clams, shrimp, calamari (squid) and eel.
This was my favorite!
Mama Grande's Stuffed Sole
- 8 fillets of sole (flounder)
- 1 Cup of crab meat or baby shrimp or clams
- 6 Tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 Cup white wine
- 1 Cup of bread crumbs
- 1 Lightly beaten egg
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 Cup chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup green pepper
- 1/4 Cup chopped celery
- 2 Tablespoons of parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- For stuffing: in skillet heat 2 tablespoons of butter, add onion, green pepper, and celery.
- Cook until vegetables are translucent.
- Add wine. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add crabmeat (or clams or shrimp).
- Add bread crumbs, egg, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place 4 fillets in buttered baking dish (skin side down).
- Spoon stuffing onto fish.
- Cover with 4 remaining fillets.
- Melt remaining butter, add lemon juice and pour over fillets.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 10 minutes in 450º oven
May you have a blessed and safe Christmas and Happy Holiday.
Pizza On Earth, Good Will to All!
Pizza Therapy will show you the Best Pizza in the World
For some great seafood recipes, check out: