I am always trying to come up with new tastes for my guests. This was a recipe that evolved out of having some friends bring different ingredients for pizza. The result was a real crowd pleaser and a wonderful marriage of different tastes.
• Dough for 1 pizza
• 1/4 to 1/2 lb. of bacon, cooked
• 1 cup of fresh spinach, washed and drained
• 1/2 to one whole tomato thinly sliced
• 4-6 oz. of mozzarella cheese
• 2-4 oz. of parmesan or provolone cheese
• 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
• basil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste
• olive oil
1. Wash and rinse spinach. Drain and set aside.
2. Cook bacon, and drain on paper towel.
3. Roll out dough to desired size.
4. Drizzle olive oil on dough. Spread evenly.
5. Spread remaining minced garlic on dough.
6. Evenly spread spinach on dough. Add desired spices. Reserve a pinch or two.
7. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the dough
8. Tear bacon into bite sized bits. (or just layer slices on the pizza.)
9. Top pizza with sliced tomato. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and top with oregano and/or basil.
10. Bake at 500 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
(preferably on a preheated pizza & baking stone).
You can find more recipes like this one in the Pizza Therapy Pizza Book
Make pizza be happy:
.Pizza Therapy Pizza Book
pizza on earth,
Albert Grande, The Pizza Promoter