Sunday, January 26, 2014

Puffy Pizza Dough Problem

Melba asks:

What am I doing wrong?... My pizza crust, puffs up. Help... What can I do to correct this? please help...

My response...

Hi Melba...

I am not sure..there are a number of variables.

One thing you can do is to monitor your pizza as it cooks and prick the
puffy part with a fork to deflate...

Another idea:
After you roll out your dough, go over the dough several times with a fork and prick the dough all over
to make sure it does not puff up....

(Many pizzerias do this to their dough...)

Before you form the pizza dough, make sure the dough is punched down so
their are no air pockets in the dough...

Roll out the dough with a rolling pin before you put toppings on...
should be flat...

Try using a little less yeast....
I hope this helps...

Let me know what you think..

pizza on earth,

albert



Here are some pizza resources:

Pizza Books at Amazon

More here:




No comments: