Monday, June 22, 2009

Bruce Willis Bumps Pizza Therapy Out of Brooklyn...

Brooklyn Pizza Tour
Pizza Therapy is Shut Out of The Brooklyn Pizza Tour

I know what your thinking.

Why would Bruce Willis ever mess with Pizza Therapy? I mean the guy is from New Jersey, right? He probably loves pizza. And he would never have any reason to bother with Pizza Therapy. He is after all a mega star.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. But read on.

This is a true story. Let me explain...

As you may know, I was schedule for the The Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour. I had reserved my tickets way in advance. I paid on line. I had printed up my e-ticket. I carried it all the way from Hawaii.

(You can read all about it here.)

As a matter of fact, the Brooklyn Pizza Tour was going to be the highlight of The Pizza Therapy East Coast Pizza Tour 2009.

Emphasis is on the word was...

I just got a call from Tony Miua, the host and creator of the Brooklyn Pizza Tour.

"Albert", he said "we're going to have to cancel the tour for the day you are booked."

"Why, Tony, why?"

Tony explained. "L and B Spumoni Garden, will be closed that day. Bruce Willis is filming a movie along with Tracy Morgan."

"So Tony you're telling me, I'm getting bounced off The Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour because of Bruce Willis."

"Well, yeah," he agreed.

Tony was gracious and diplomatic. He immediately tried to find another date that would work. Unfortunately, our time in New York is very tight.

He suggested we could take another pizza tour, with his friend Scott. The tour is a walking pizza tour through some of the oldest pizzerias in the country.

"Take Scott's Pizza Tours" he said.


Scott's Pizza tours

And that's exactly what we are going do. I booked the tickets, and we are ready to go. I've been in touch with Scott and he's ready for us.

I even asked Tony if he could join us and he said he will try.

I explained to Tony, that we'll be eating Brooklyn Pizza, on our next visit to the City.

So as long as Bruce Willis, limits his filming to Brooklyn, the rest of The Pizza Therapy East Coast Pizza Tour 2009, should go smoothly.

I'll keep you posted, on my pizza journey.



Hey Bruce, do me a favor, why don't you check out
The Pizza Therapy Pizza Book.

Thanks, Bruce.

And thank you, for all of your support.

And as Scott says:

Have A Slice Day,

albert
Pizza Therapy

No comments: