Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King Discuss The Best Pizza in America

Believe me, when the topic is pizza, I get excited. I was very excited when Oprah decided to feature her best friend, Gayle King discussing, my favorite topic.

Gayle began her quest for pizza perfection in Maryland. She went to Ledo's Restaurant in, Adelphi. Now it seems that Gayle had fond memories of Ledo's from her college days. The pizza certainly looked good.

Next Gayle journeyed to Phoenix, Arizona, to visit Chris Bianco of Pizzeria Bianco. Chris's pizzas are legendary. There was some wonderdful footage of customer interviews explaining the magic that is contained in each of Chris Bianco's pizzas. She could not believe the long lines. But when Gayle sampled the pizza she was amazed.

She did a brief interview with Chris Bianco. He remains his humble self. He is an incredible pizzaiolo. He is a true Legend of Pizza.

For an exclusive interview with Chris Bianco, please check out: Legends of Pizza, Volume 1. Here is the link: Legends of Pizza


Gayle rounded out her list of The Best Pizza in America with: Mariella's, 960 8th Ave., New York, Pizzeria Due, 619 N. Wabash Ave. Chicago, and Pizano's, found in various Chicago locations.

Now I would never take issue with anyone's selection of their favorite pizza place. Pizza taste is after all, completely subjective. This is Gayle's list and she can choose what she feels is the best pizza.

My issue is not one of commision, but one of omission. A little known fact (except if you are from Connecticut) is that Gayle King was a news reporter for a Connecticut television station for many years. She was well liked and respected both personally and professionally. She spent many years in Connecticut.

I find it hard to believe that in all of those years she spent in Connecticut, she never had a pizza from Wooster Street, in New Haven. She must have heard about Pepe's, Sally's and Modern. Gayle King never went to New Haven, one time in all those years she worked and lived in Connecticut?

I am shocked and surprised. I am in total disbelief. I am beside myself. I am almost speechless. Almost.

Here is my personal plea to Gayle: Gayle, you really need to check out some additional pizza places for your quest for the "Best Pizza in the World".


That will give you some great ideas! I know you picked out some great pizza places, but Gayle, you are only scratching the surface!

Please call me, email me, text message me, or the next time you are in Hawaii, stop by. I would love to discuss pizza with you. And you know what Gayle? I will make a pizza just for you!

I have to know why not one pizza place from Connecticut, made it on your list. I need to know. Please expalin this to me.

Until then, Be Well, Stay Well,

Pizza on Earth, Good Will to All!

Albert Grande
Free Pizza Dough Recipe

Pizza Therapy
Learn how to Make Pasta

How to Profit With Resale Rights

Gayle and Oprah, here is one of my favorite pizza books: American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza

Pizza Discussions, Pizza Tips, Pizza Talkhttp://pizzatherapy.blogspot.com/2006/11/oprah-winfrey-and-gayle-king-discuss.html

No comments: