Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How to Dice an Onion...

From my freinds over at foodbuzz.com, this is a very cool video on how to dice an onion. The video was submitted by Cook Local.

I was taught this technique by Chef Peter when we co-taught several cooking classes. He made a point of showing me how easy it was to dice an onion.

As with all things you learn, unless you use it, you loose it.

I lost this one, but now I have a video record of the technique, so I will get some reminders.

You should try this method. It will save you time and energy.



pizza on earth,
Albert Grande
http;//pizzatherapy.com
http;//pastatherapy.com


2 comments:

Nate @ House of Annie said...

I get so nervous seeing fingers so close to the blade.

pizzatherapy said...

Very true Nate and Annie.

Chef Peter always said to use a "tiger-claw". That is is you fold in your fingers, and use the flat of of the second bone in your fingers as a guide.

I have cut myself a number of times because I didn't do that.

albert