This pizza was the result of having the right kind of ingredients. It truly just made itself. Simple, yet oh so tasty!
The texture of this pizza is superb if you use buffalo mozzarella. If not available, any whole milk or regular mozzarella will do.
- Dough for 1 pizza (Dough recipe will make 4 thin Neapolitan pizzas)
- 4-6 oz. of buffalo mozzarella (whole milk mozzarella is fine)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2-4 oz . of parmesan
- 4-6 slices of cappicolla (thinly sliced Italian ham)
- ¼ cup fresh basil or more (if available)
- olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste
- Roll out dough to desired size.
- Drizzle olive oil on dough. Spread evenly.
- Mince garlic and spread on dough.
- Slice mozzarella and spread over dough
- Spread the parmesan on the pizza
- Cover pizza with the cappicolla
- Bake at 500+ F degrees for 8 to 10 minutes (preferably on a preheated Pizza Stone. Stone should be preheated for 1 hour.)
- After pizza is cooked, tear basil leaves and put on cooked pizza. Add other spices to taste.
- Use buffalo or whole milk mozzarella. Regular mozzarella will work. But the buffalo mootz, (as they say in New Haven), will be fantastic!
- You can eliminate the cappicolla, and make a Margherita!
- Use fresh basil if available but dried will work.
- You can get a "starter" basil plant from a garden supply store. Pick off a few leaves as needed.Keep transplanting to a larger pot as it grows. Bring it inside for the winter. There is nothing like fresh basil!
To make great pizza you need the right tools. Get a pizza stone to make incredible pizza:
pizza on the planet,
Claim your free pizza recipe, here
Discover the Legends of Pizza