This dish was always served at our house during the Big Four Holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Easter!
This recipe comes from Auntie Esther Yacavone, (Auntie Jenny's sister).
1 lb. lasagna noodles cooked as directed on package.
1 lb. loose hamburger cooked or cooked meatballs, crumpled
2 lbs. ricotta cheese
1 lb. mozzarella cheese
grated cheese, either Parmesan or Romano (or both)
salt, pepper and spices to taste (basil, oregano)
- In bottom of lasagna pan put some sauce
- Start layering. First noodles, then the meat and then the cheeses.
- Keep layering until everything is used.
- Leave top layer with just sauce and grated cheese.
- Bake 350º or until center is hot and 'cheeses have melted.
You crumble 2 hard boiled eggs in the layers. (That is what my mom does).
Replace the hamburger with seafood: shrimp, crab, clams, or lobster for a wonderful taste!
Thanks, Auntie Esther and Auntie Jenny...
Learn to Make Pasta at Pasta Therapy
If you are going to make lasagna, you need the right equipment.
I recommend this one from cuisinart: