Appeal for A Peel...

Betty writes:

Mr. Grande,
Sorry, I haven't made a pizza yet. I need to purchase a pizza peel.

Can I substitute something else to use for the peel, until I purchase one?

I'll definitely be trying one of your pizza recipes soon. I have never ate a pizza with stewed tomatoes as the sauce.
Thank you,
Betty

My Response:

Hi Betty, you certainly do not need a peel to make god pizza.

I used a cookie sheet, and then a regular pizza pan, for years before I got a pizza peel.

My pizza's all turned out great.

If you do not have a peel, you could do what my friend Espo
did. I do not recommend this, but he claims it worked.

He used a piece of thick cardboard to slide the pizza on and
off the stone.

Please, don't do what Espo did!

I say use a cookie sheet or pizza pan. It will work fine.
Then when you want, get a peel. Though a peel is not essential to make good pizza.

Please let me know how you make out.

Betty you can find a great peel below:

I own one....



The Super Peel (I own a Super Peel, also)




Pizza on Earth,
albert
pizzatherapy.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pepe's Voted Top Pizza of 50 Best Things to Eat

Best Flour for Pizza

How the Internet Changed Pizza History