Friday, June 18, 2010

Pizza Therapy: Changing Pizza Perceptions

Shhh. Listen: It's me, Albert Grande, The Pizza Promoter. I try to keep a low profile. Sure sometimes I tend be a little loud. And I have gotten carried away occasionally...but that is my personality. I can't help it. I'm Italian. I guess its a genetic thing. Most of the time, I just try to remain anonymous.


Now don't get me wrong, I love eating pizza. I love writing about pizza and I love making pizza. But most of all, I love talking about pizza. Hey, don't get me started.  For most of my pizza adventures, I quietly enjoy my pizza. Anonymously.

The other night while eating pizza with some friends I got a tap on the shoulder....

"Are you that Pizza Therapy (http://pizzatherapy.com/)  guy?"

"Well, yeah", I answered sheepishly.

"I have to tell you... you changed the way I look at pizza."

"Are you kidding me? I changed your pizza perceptions?  Pizza Therapy, changed the way you look at pizza? I asked.

"Absolutely!" he exclaimed. "Before I discovered your site, pizza was just.. pizza. Now pizza for me is... something very special..."

I was humbled and honored. He introduced himself as Bruce, a pizza aficionado from Cranston, Rhode Island.  And he is on the road searching for incredible pizza.

Bruce is on a quest in search of Pizza Perfection. He has traveled from coast to coast. He has sampled pizza in every imaginable nook and cranny.

We had a wonderful pizza conversation. Of course, I had to ask him: What are your favorite pizzerias?

He hesitated, then said: "My three favorite pizza places are:

1) Pepe's. Pepe's makes pizza like no-one else. The pizza is just the best. There is no comparison.

2) 2 Amy's from Washington D.C. Great crust and toppings. Bruce went on and on about the pizza there. Incredible he said.

 (Albert's Side bar: Here's what Espo had to say about the 2 Amy's: "Fresh, fresh, fresh is the key and I've never tasted a better crust. The pizza is baked in a wood fired...")

3) Pizzeria Mozza in Los Angeles. According to their website: "Nancy Silverton, Mario Batali and Joseph Bastianich meld their prodigious talents to bring Pizzeria Mozza ... to the heart of Los Angeles."
Bruce loved the pizza, but said it was a little pricey.

(Albert's Side bar: Jon F. tried to get an exclusive Pizza Therapy Review, however, he was unable to get reservations. Hmm,  we'll have to work on that one...)

We shared more interesting pizza stories. I'm sure Bruce will have more pizza tales to tell.

And you can bet, I'll share them right here.

Thanks, Bruce. It was a pleasure to meet you and your entire family.

Until next time. Visit http://pizzatherapy.com/

Pizza and Pizza Therapy on Earth,

albert


And to catch up on Summer reading check this out:


No comments: