Monday, September 20, 2010

Marechiaro's Original Italian Food Makes Incredible Pizza

A member of The Pizza Therapy Community, our man Coda, shares his insights on
The Best Pizza in the World:

For the past fifteen years or so, there was a place out in Riverside (It's gone now) that was probably entitled to claim that they made my "Favorite" pizza. I wouldn't go so far as to claim that they were the "World's Best" but it was darn good.

Driving on the 91 fwy during rush hour made it difficult to visit them very often and now the restaurant is gone. (sigh) Oh well.

Anyway, I'd never found a pizza I would call "World's Best Pizza" before I tasted the pizza from Marechiaros. They say it sort of like "Mary Key Ahrrows" but with an Italian accent.

I've tried both their red and white sauce pizzas. Unbelievable. The red sauce is mild and slightly tangy but has a definite "Oomph" too it. Hard to describe. I call it "mmmMMMmmm" sauce. It's just plain good and it always seems to make me want another slice.

The Canadian Bacon/Mushroom and Black Olives combination pizza is out of this world.

Even their plain old cheese pizza is amazing. The size is good and they don't skimp on the toppings. I think they must use a combination of cheeses on every pizza even though they don't say that they do.

Really. Honestly. The best pizza I've ever had. It's far and away my favorite. It is without question the best pizza in the whole world.

If you have a chance to get out to El Cajon, give them a shot. Well worth the time.

Sincerely,

Coda









Here is their address:

Marechiaro's Original Italian Food
14120 Olde Highway 80 - Lake Jennings Park Road
El Cajon, CA 92021
Tel: (619) 561-6580

 
 
Thanks so much for sharing Coda. We are always on the lookout for extra-ordinary pizza. Marechiaro's sounds incredible!
 
If you are interested in learning more about pizza, here's a great resource from our friend Tony G. and Diane Morgan:


1 comment:

Rado said...

What a wonderful reading about pizza subjects. Thank you, I am into pizzas and pizza ovens as well.