Sunday, March 20, 2011

Helpful Food Tips and Tricks

Who knew that separating bananas from the bunch would make them ripen slower?

Storing opened cheese in aluminum foil will keep the cheese fresher and retard mold growth.

Most of the pizzas I make use cheese. I love my Parmesan, mozzarella, asagio, pepecorino and provolone. and of course, a key ingredient for My Blue Heaven Pizza, is Gorgonzola. There are countless cheeses you can use on your pizza.

The advice is to not use plastic wrap for your cheese. I never knew that. I always store cheese in plastic wrap. That includes my Parmesan cheese, and especially Gorgonzola. Now Gorgonzola is naturally moldy, but the plastic wrap has been causing the the mold to grow faster.

I guess I learned my lesson.


How about this: look for the number of bumps on the bottom of your peppers. By counting the bumps you can determine that there is a difference in the taste of peppers.

The tips about garlic are the most revealing: if you want a light taste of garlic, add it at the beginning of a recipe. If you want a stronger taste, add your garlic at the end of the recipe.

This video contains some great tips...

Who knew?




I hope you find these tips helpful.

Respectfully submitted,

Albert Grande
Owner of The Pizza Therapy Digital Food Store.
And here are some Pasta Recipes from Pasta Therapy

For more food tips we recommend Brilliant Food Tips and Cooking Tricks: 5,000 Ingenious Hints:



Check out this amazing resource. It will save you time and money: Brilliant Food Tips and Cooking Tricks: 5,000 Ingenious Hints

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are some great tips! I never knew any of these!