Saturday, June 11, 2011

900 º Rocks the Pizza World in New York City

The last time I saw Tony Gemignani, he was totally surrounded by admirers and well wishers. Surrounded. He draws a crowd wherever he goes. He is personable and pleasant. He is also charismatic. He oozes charisma.

Pizza charisma. My theory is that people want to be near him, because they think some of his pizza making magic will rub off on them. And there may be some truth to that.

I was able to spend a couple of moments with him recently at the Pizza Convention in Las Vegas. He mentioned to me he had something very big in the works.

"I have a new restaurant opening up in about 30 days in Greenwich Village".

He added: "I haven't told to many people about it".

"What's the name?" I asked.

"I can't tell you," he said with a smile.

Well I can tell you: it's called: 900 º, and is located at, 29 7th Ave South. Phone: (212) 989 9880

And let me tell you this: the pizza is fantastic! Incredible! The crust is superb.



Children's Pizza Top and Pancetta Porcini bottom

Tony G. and Bruno have hit a home run with this place. The pizzas are handcrafted to Tony' G.'s exact specifications. The crust is perfect. They utilize a great wood fired pizza oven but are also comfortable with other types of pizza cooking.


The Pancetta Porcini is an explosion of wild mushrooms and pancetta as well as truffle oil and scarmoza. I was literally knocked out by this pizza. The taste had my mouth singing. All of the pizza lovers in our crowd were smiling.

Even the kids, who are hard to please ate every bite of their pizza.

There was no surprise that Tony's award winning pizza was on the menu. This was the World Cup Winner in Naples that he discussed in Legends of Pizza Volume 5.

The Margherita is a work of art! The pizza was extraordinary! I need to go back! We are just getting started with all of the tastes on the menu!



If you get a chance to go to 900 º you need to go... Don't even think twice. The pizza is THAT good!

Maybe some of that great pizza making from Tony G. will rub off on you.




Actually I can feel and taste the magic right now!

900 º

29 7th Ave South
New York, NY
10011



(212) 989 9880


For more of Tony's magic, check out his pizza book:






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Respectfully submitted,
 
Albert Grande
The Pizza Promoter

No comments: