Making homemade pasta is easy, fun and very rewarding. Sure it takes a little time and effort, but the result is worth it. you to can make a great pasta with these easy follow directions. I've also included a how to video.Ingredients for the Easy Pasta Dough Recipe
- 2 3/4 Cups of flour (I recommend King Arthur Flour Flour White Bread, 5-pounds (Pack of 4). Bread flour is better for Pasta. All purpose will work)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon of salt 3 eggs at room temperature
- In a bowl combine the flour and salt. Mix well with a fork until salt is well mixed.
- Mound flour on the counter. In separate bowl whisk 3 eggs.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil (Optional) In the middle of the mound of flour make a hole or moat.
- Pour in egg mixture and mix with flour until all egg mixture has been absorbed by the flour
- Knead for 8-10 minutes until dough is barely sticky to touch. This is a very tough dough to work with with, but keep kneading.
- If dough mixture is to dry, add a bit of water. If to wet add a bit of flour.
- After completely kneaded, form dough into a ball. Cover and allow to rest 20-30 minutes.
- Cut ball into quarters. Pinch end and run through pasta machine at least 4-5 times on each setting.
- When desired thickness is reached, use specialized pasta cutter to form pasta.
You can find more information about pasta at Pizza Therapy
Visit: More Pasta Tips at Pasta Therapy