Wacky Walnut Pizza from Pizza Therapy
Ok, to be truthful, there is nothing wacky about this pizza. The taste of the walnuts shine through on this very tasty pie.
We created this by chance. And it worked.
Ingredients or the dough:
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 and 1/2 Cups of water.
Put dough in a bowl or zip lock bag. Drizzle olive oil over the dough. (Don't completely seal the bag).
Put the dough in the fridge and allow it to proof overnight. Dough can stay in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Take dough out of fridge when you are ready to make pizza. Allow the pizza dough to warm up to room temperature. (About an hour or so)
Makes 3-4 thin crust pizzas
Ingredients for Pizza:
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Cup mozzarella cheese (If possible use: buffalo mozzarella)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Pecroino or Romano Cheese (if available)
- 3/4 Cup of Chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil or fresh basil if available
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Using your hands stretch out pizza dough (If you must, use a rolling pin.)
- Put garlic, and basil on dough. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on dough.
- Place Mozzarella, Parmesan and Pecorino or Romano cheese on pizza
- Top pizza with walnuts
- Put fresh basil leaves on top
- Drizzle small amount of olive oil over pizza
- Salt and pepper to taste
If available cook pizza on a Old Stone Oven 4467 14-Inch by 16-Inch Baking Stone
Variations: Use macademia nuts, or pistachios
The Pizza Promoter
Restaurants in Honolulu
Find incredible Genco Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 Gallon