Friday, June 12, 2009
Jb-a sent the follwoing pizza recipe...
DAD’S PIZZA DOUGH
GOOD FOR ONE 12-13” PIZZA
1. Prepare the YEAST BLOOM
- 1 package -yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup 105 deg RO water
- Allow to develop a froth-foam
2. PLACE THE LIQUID INGREDIENTS BELOW IN
BREADMAKER ON “DOUGH” SETTING
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup 105 degree water
- Add the above yeast bloom
3. NOW ADD THE DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 ½ cups bread flour
- 2 TBS grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
4. START THE MACHINE ON THE DOUGH CYCLE IT SHOULD
TAKE APPROXIMAGEL- 1 HR/20 MIN
NO-COOK NEW YORK STYLE
- 1-14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1-6 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon diced minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or 1 1/2 t. kosher salt)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
1. In a bowl, combine the diced tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, olive oil, basil,
oregano, sugar, garlic, and salt. MASH
2. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
3. Use immediatel- or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5
da-s, or freeze for up to 2 months.
4. Bring to room temperature before using.
FINISH PREPARATION - Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Set rack 6-8” from bottom of oven
- Bring dough to room temp and coat lightl- with flour and corn meal.
- Form a flat circle and roll it out to desired thickness and diameter.
- Place on round baking stone and form a curb around the perimeter
- Poke holes (fork or pinned pizza roller) in the dough to prevent bubbles
- Bake for approximatel- 7-minutes – or until slightl- browned.
- Remove from oven and place on trivets. Add the toppings below in the order
ADD IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER:
1. Pizza Sauce – not too heav- – about a cup. See “no cook” recipe
2. Browned sausage or hamburger – a generous amount
3. Sliced mushrooms – plent-
4. Sweet -ellow or white onions rings – diced lightl-; lots of them
5. Pepperoni – heav- application
6. 1-8 oz package (2-cups) of -oder’s Pizza Cheese (Cheddar and Mozzarella
cheeses) – or cheese of -our choice.